Customizing Scheduling UIs
With R3 2020 Release the views used within the built-in Scheduling UI control can be customized. You can edit the control templates of the different views and apply customizations.
The following Scheduling UI Views can be customized
AddAppointmentView – view that allows the user to change the main appointment properties like
Recurrence, whether it will be All Day appointment. For more details check our help article.
- AppointmentSummaryView – view that shows brief information about the appointment. Check our Appointment Summary article.
- ColorPickerView – view for picking color which is applied to the appointment. For more details check our help article.
- DeleteAppointmentView – view for choosing appointment deleting options. For more details check our help article.
- SaveRecurringAppointmentView – view for choosing recurring appointment saving options. Go to our help article.
- DeleteRecurringAppointmentView – view for choosing recurring appointments deleting options. Please check our help article for more information.
RepeatAppointmentView – view for choosing predefined repeat options like
Every Year, etc. For more details check our help article.
- EndRepeatAppointmentView – view for choosing when recurring appointments end. Refer to the End Repeat AppointmentView article.
- CustomRecurrenceView – view for choosing custom recurring intervals of an appointment. Check the Custom Recurrence View help topic.
Scheduling screens can be shown in MonthView, DayView, MultiDayView and WeekView modes. You could refer to the View Modes topic for more information on the available in RadCalendar views. For MonthView and WeekView Modes the scheduling screens can be shown using the AddAppointmentButton. You will need to set the
In addition, to avoid editing the whole control template, there are additional properties which you can use to customize the look of the UIs, such as SeparatorThickness, ButtonBackgroundColor, etc.
These properties are different for different views. For more details which properties can be set for the concrete view refer to the articles of the separate views inside the Scheduling UI Views section.
These properties or the ControlTemplates can be changed by applying styles that target a specific view in the “App.xaml” file of your application.
A sample demo code with custom Scheduling UI can be found in our Telerik Sample Application.