WinForms PdfViewer Overview
Getting Started with the WinForms RadPdfViewer
RadPdfViewer enables you to easily load and display PDF documents natively in your application without using any third-party tools except Telerik’s WinForms toolbox. Thanks to the built-in UI virtualization, RadPdfViewer delivers an efficient solution for every scenario. This component comes as a nice addition to your Content Management System or Reporting application.
|WinForms RadPdfViewer !WinForms RadPdfViewer Turoarial Overview](https://www.telerik.com/videos/winforms/getting-started-with-the-winforms-radpdfviewer)|
RadPdfViewer is a control that:
can natively visualize PDF documents straight in your application.
comes with a predefined UI that is intuitive and provides the means for utilizing the features of the control.
utilizes virtualization and supports load-on-demand mode to guarantee optimal performance with large documents.
The PdfViewer is part of Telerik UI for WinForms, a
professional grade UI library with 160+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The PdfViewer is part of Telerik UI for WinForms, a professional grade UI library with 160+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
Here is a list of the supported features
- Interactive Forms: The control supports different types of interactive forms and enables the end user to modify their values.
- Digital Signatures: The user can show digitally signed documents and validate the signatures inside. Signing a document is supported as well.
- Saving a Document: When the user modifies the forms in a document or signs it, or just want to create another file from the document, they can use the Save As functionality of the viewer.
- Annotations: Full support for Widget and Link annotations. RadPdfViewer provides a read-only support for all other types of annotations.
- Fonts: Built-in support for TrueType, Type1 and CID fonts.
- Create an Image from a PDF Page: An API for exporting a PDF document page to an image.
- Working with positions and modifying the selection in the document.
- The control comes with a predefined UI that is intuitive and provides the means for utilizing the features of the control. Different dialogs are available as well.
- Using the UI you can easily zoom in and out.
- Scroll the document in the viewer.
- You can also use pan and text selection by specifying a different viewer mode.
- The control utilizes virtualization in order to guarantee good performance with larger documents as well.
- RadPdfViewer allows printing of the document loaded in it.
- You can rotate the document as well.
- Context Menu to provide easy access to several of the features of the control.
- Extensible support for different stream compression filters. Read more
- Support for documents encrypted with Encryption Algorithm 4 (RC4/AES-128).
- The API provides different options for extending and customizing the control.
RadPdfViewer requires .NET Framework 4.0 and cannot be used with an older version.