This tutorial describes how to install and start using Fiddler Everywhere on macOS.
- First, you will go through the installation and configuration steps.
- Next, you'll create a Fiddler account so that you can move on to using the web-debugging tool.
- Finally, you will see how to capture, inspect, and modify traffic.
- Install macOS version 11 or above.
- Provide 400MB of free disk space.
- Create an account with administrative rights which you'll need for capturing and decoding HTTPS traffic.
- Provide an active internet connection with access to the following URLs:
https://*.telerik.com/ https://*.getfiddler.com/ https://fiddler-backend-production.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com
- Ensure that Fiddler Everywhere's proxy port is open and unrestricted by a firewall/security tool. By default, that's port 8866, but it can be changed from Settings > Connections > Fiddler listens on port.
You'll first have to install the latest version of Fiddler Everywhere on your machine.
- Download and install the latest macOS version of Fiddler Everywhere.
In this step, you'll register by creating your unified Telerik account.
Launch the Fiddler Everywhere application. Follow the Sign in or create an account link.
Create an account using email and password or using the Sign in with Google option.
Enter the requested information on the Enter Your Email to Sign in or Create an Account screen.
Check your inbox, open the confirmation email, and complete your account activation.
Return the Fiddler Everywhere application and choose whether to become a trial user or purchase a subscription plan by selecting either the Start Free Trial or the BUY NOW link.
After successful login into Fiddler Everywhere, you will see your personal and license information within the Home pane.
You can now take advantage of the Fiddler Everywhere capabilities - capture, inspect, save & share, import *& export, mock and modify HTTPS traffic.
Capture HTTPS traffic through the preferred capturing mode.
The Rules tab is one of the most advanced features in Fiddler Everywhere. You can create and execute complex rules on your incoming traffic to mock client and server behavior without touching the client and server applications.
That's it! Now you're equipped to delve deeper into Fiddler Everywhere and make the most of its powerful functionalities.