Day ViewMode allows you to display the schedule for a specific day in RadCalendar. You could also take advantage of a few useful configuration and styling options, such as day start and end times, timeline settings, appointments text color and font size, and more.
Day ViewMode provides a convenient way to display appointments for a certain day. For more details on the Appointments feature of RadCalendar refer to Appointments topic.
You could also consider MultiDay ViewMode as it gives the option to select how many days to display, provides current time indicator as well as a few other configuration settings.
This section lists the key properties of the Day ViewMode, so you could configure it to best suit your needs.
- DayStartTime: Defines the time used to indicate the start of the timeline. The default value of the DayStartTime is 00:00:00 or 12:00 AM.
- DayEndTime: Sets the time used to indicate the end of the timeline.
- TimelineInterval: This property is of type TimeSpan and defines the time intervals inside the timeline.
All of the above are applied using the DayViewSettings property of RadCalendar.
This section presents the various properties you can use for customizing the visual appearance of different parts of the Day view. All of them are applied through DayViewStyle property of RadCalendar.
DayView provides AllDay area used to display appointments for the whole day. Following are the properties related to AllDay area:
- AllDayAreaBackgroundColor: Specifies the background of AllDay area;
- AllDayAppointmentBackgroundColor: Specifies the background of the all-day appointments shown inside AllDay area;
- AllDayLabelTextColor and AllDayLabelFontSize: Refer to the Text shown inside time ruler next to the AllDay area;
- AllDayAppointmentTextColor and AllDayAppointmentFontSize: Refer to the all-day appointments displayed inside AllDay area;
Through DayViewStyle you could define the background of the timeline as well as different background to the current day, also the background and font-size of appointments inside timeline.
- TimelineBackgroundColor: Refers to the whole timeline area, except the current day;
- TimelineLabelsTextColor and TimelineLabelsFontSize: Refers to the text marking the time intervals;
- AppointmentTextColor and AppointmentFontSize: Refer to the Titles of the appointments inside the timeline area;
- AppointmentDetailsTextColor and AppointmentDetailsFontSize: Refer to the Detail properties of the appointments inside the timeline area;
Check the example below demonstrating how DayViewSettings and DaysViewStyle properties are applied:
<telerikInput:RadCalendar x:Name="calendar" ViewMode="Day"> <telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewSettings> <telerikInput:DayViewSettings DayStartTime="9:00:00" DayEndTime="18:00:00" TimelineInterval="2:00" /> </telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewSettings> <telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewStyle> <telerikInput:DayViewStyle AllDayAppointmentBackgroundColor="Blue" AllDayAppointmentTextColor="White" AllDayAppointmentFontSize="12" TimelineLabelsTextColor="DarkGray" TimelineLabelsFontSize="10" AppointmentFontSize="12" AppointmentDetailsFontSize="10"/> </telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewStyle> </telerikInput:RadCalendar>
And here is the result: