Day ViewMode allows you to display the schedule for a specific day in RadCalendar. You could also take advantage of a few useful configuration and styling options, such as day start and end times, timeline settings, appointments text color and font size, and more.
Day ViewMode provides a convenient way to display appointments for a certain day. For more details on the Appointments feature of RadCalendar refer to Appointments topic.
You can also consider MultiDay ViewMode as it gives the option to select how many days to display and provides work week support.
You can specify the initial and end hours displayed in the DayView through the DayViewSettings property of RadCalendar. DayViewSettings provides the following configuration options:
- DayStartTime: Defines the time used to indicate the start of the Calendar timeline. The default value of the DayStartTime is 00:00:00 or 12:00 AM.
- DayEndTime: Sets the time used to indicate the end of the timeline.
- TimelineInterval: This property is of type TimeSpan and defines the time intervals inside the timeline.
- IsCurrentTimeIndicatorVisible: Boolean property that enables the option to visually mark the current time. In addition, you could customize the way the current time indicator looks through a few styling properties, for more details go to Styling section.
This section presents the various properties you can use for customizing the visual appearance of different parts of the Day view. All of them are applied through DayViewStyle property of RadCalendar.
You can customize the way the current time indicator looks through the styling properties listed below:
- CurrentTimeIndicatorRadius: Specifies the radius of the round marker at the beginning of the indicator on Android and iOS.
DayView provides all-day area at the top of the timeline to display appointments that continue a whole day(s). Following are the styling properties related to AllDay area:
- AllDayAreaBackgroundColor: Specifies the background color of the AllDay area;
- AllDayAppointmentBackgroundColor: Specifies the background of the all-day appointments shown inside AllDay area;
- AllDayLabelTextColor and AllDayLabelFontSize: Refer to the Text shown inside time ruler next to the AllDay area;
- AllDayAppointmentTextColor and AllDayAppointmentFontSize: Refer to the all-day appointments displayed inside AllDay area;
In order to create all-day appointments you just need to set IsAllDay bool property of the Appointment class. For more details on the Appointments feature of RadCalendar refer to Appointments topic.
Through DayViewStyle you could define the background of the timeline as well as different background to the current day, also the background and font-size of appointments inside timeline.
- TimelineBackgroundColor: Refers to the whole timeline area, except the current day;
- TimelineLabelsTextColor and TimelineLabelsFontSize: Refers to the text marking the time intervals;
- AppointmentTextColor and AppointmentFontSize: Refer to the Titles of the appointments inside the timeline area;
- AppointmentDetailsTextColor and AppointmentDetailsFontSize: Refer to the Detail properties of the appointments inside the timeline area;
Check the example below demonstrating how DayViewSettings and DaysViewStyle properties are applied:
<telerikInput:RadCalendar x:Name="calendar" ViewMode="Day"> <telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewSettings> <telerikInput:DayViewSettings DayStartTime="9:00:00" DayEndTime="18:00:00" TimelineInterval="2:00" IsCurrentTimeIndicatorVisible="True"/> </telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewSettings> <telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewStyle> <telerikInput:DayViewStyle AllDayAppointmentBackgroundColor="Blue" AllDayAppointmentTextColor="White" AllDayAppointmentFontSize="12" TimelineLabelsTextColor="DarkGray" TimelineLabelsFontSize="10" AppointmentFontSize="12" AppointmentDetailsFontSize="10" CurrentTimeIndicatorColor="Red" CurrentTimeIndicatorWidth="5" CurrentTimeIndicatorRadius="5" /> </telerikInput:RadCalendar.DayViewStyle> </telerikInput:RadCalendar>
And here is the result:
DayView Settings example can be found in the Calendar & Scheduling/Features folder of the SDK Samples Browser application.
You can also explore the example code directly in the SDKBrowser Examples repository on GitHub.