RadDataGrid provides support for editing and it can be enabled or disabled by setting the UserEditMode property. The default value of the UserEditMode property is None, which means that the editing is disabled.
RadDataGrid supports several edit modes through the UserEditMode property.
- Inline: The user can edit the values using the inline row editor.
- External: An external control is used for editing.
- None: Editing is not allowed.
Figure 1: Inline UserEditMode
You can control whether certain columns are editable through the CanUserEdit property of the column, which takes precedence of the UserEditMode property.
RadDataGrid also allows to programmatically edit the data through the following methods:
- BeginEdit(object item): Begins the edit operation for the specified data item.
- CancelEdit(): Cancels the current edit operation.
- CommitEdit(): Commits the current edit operation.
RadDataGrid also exposes several commands that provide an entry point for the key points during an editing operation.