ScrollMode property of RadTimeBar configures the horizontal scrolling and zooming behavior of the control. The possible modes are ScrollAndZoom, ScrollOnly, and None.
This is the default option of the ScrollMode property. It indicates that both scrolling and zooming are enabled for the RadTimeBar instance. The slider of the RadTimeBar control and the resize handles of the slider selection are visible. The user can adjust the zoom level of the control either with the mouse wheel, or by dragging the resize handles of the slider selection. The horizontal scroll offset can be changed by dragging the selection of the slider.
Additional features that change the scroll offset and zoom level:
- Double-click on the slider selection – changes the current zoom level to 1. That is, the visible period expands to show the whole period.
- Double-click on the slider right resize handle – changes the VisiblePeriodEnd to PeriodEnd.
- Double-click on the slider left resize handle – changes the VisiblePeriodStart to PeriodStart.
- Click on a selection visibility indicator – in case the current selected period is larger than the current visible period, the visible period expands to show the whole selected period.
- Dragging the TimeBar selection element or its right or left resize handles outside of the visible period, changes the horizontal scroll offset towards the mouse position.
RadTimeBar with ScrollAndZoom mode
The ScrollOnly value indicates that only scrolling is enabled for the RadTimeBar instance. The slider of the RadTimeBar control is visible, but the resize handles of the slider selection are collapsed. The horizontal scroll offset can be changed either with the mouse wheel or by dragging the selection of the slider.
RadTimebar with ScrollOnly mode
In order to disable both scrolling and zooming of a RadTimeBar instance, specify a None value for the ScrollMode property. In this case, the slider of the RadTimeBar control is collapsed and the mouse wheel event is not handled.
RadTimebar with None mode