Progress® Telerik® Reporting is a .NET/.NET Framework embedded reporting tool that enables you to create, design, export, and integrate reports in cloud-based, web, and desktop applications.
Telerik Reporting provides web and desktop report designers and services, and report viewer controls. The desktop components and the services are .NET/.NET Framework-only, whereas the HTML5-based components can be integrated into virtually any website or application.
With Telerik Reporting you can retrieve and process data from relational, multi-dimensional, ORM, or custom data-layer-based data sources.
End users can view the ready reports in PDF, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint document formats, or use a dedicated viewer in a Web or .NET/.NET Framework desktop application.
Telerik Reporting helps you create reports that run on the following operating systems:
The lifecycle of a Telerik report is divided into three main steps—designing the report, populating the report with data and rendering it in a viewer, and exporting the report to a document file.
The Telerik Report Designers and Viewers are the main components of Telerik Reporting and accompany the users in their journey along the lifecycle of the report.
The Report Designers are responsible for the designing process.
- Report Designers are tools that help you create the report you require, connect it to a data source to load the information you need, style its header, footer, and general appearance, make report collections if necessary, and export its content to PDF, for example.
- Which Report Designer you choose depends on the specific functionality you want to use.
|Standalone desktop designer
|Web report designer
|Designer for Visual Studio
The Report Viewers are UI components that are tailored to a specific technology.
- Report Viewers are tools that enable you to deploy and render your report in applications that are built on various technologies such as ASP.NET Core or Angular.
- Which Report Viewer you will choose to use depends on the targeted technology of the application.
|HTML5 Report Viewer
|HTML5 MVC Report Viewer
|A server-side wrapper allowing you to configure the HTML5 Report Viewer in MVC applications.
|HTML5 WebForms Report Viewer
|A server-side wrapper allowing you to configure the HTML5 Report Viewer in WebForms applications.
|Native Angular Report Viewer
|A fully native Angular widget built with Telerik UI for Angular components.
|Angular Report Viewer
|An Angular component wrapping the HTML5 Report Viewer.
|ReactJS Report Viewer
|A React component wrapping the HTML5 Report Viewer.
|Blazor Report Viewer
|A Blazor component wrapping the HTML5 Report Viewer.
|Native Blazor Report Viewer
|A fully native Blazor widget built with Telerik UI for Blazor components.
|WinForms Report Viewer
|A composite of standard Windows Forms controls targeting WinForms and WPF projects.
|WPF Report Viewer
|A composite of Telerik UI for WPF controls targeting WPF and WinForms projects.
|WinUI Report Viewer
|A composite of Telerik UI for WinUI controls targeting WinUI3 projects.
The Telerik Reporting online demos provides a set of pre-built live demos designed to demonstrate the Telerik Reporting capabilities. The demos use the HTML5-based web report viewers.
The sample reports are also available in Visual Studio and the examples contain applications for all supported platforms. To open the projects:
- Navigate to the Start menu.
- Select Telerik > Reporting > Visual Studio Examples > C#/VB.NET Solution.
For any issues you might come across while working with Telerik Reporting, use any of the following available support channels.
Note that sharing quality feedback and ideas will not only benefit the community and improve the products but may also win you Telerik points.
- Telerik Reporting license holders and anyone in an active trial can take advantage of the Telerik Reporting outstanding customer support delivered by the actual developers who built the tool. To submit a support ticket, use the Telerik Reporting support system.
- The Telerik Reporting forum is part of the free support you can get from the community and from the Telerik Reporting team on all kinds of general issues.
- Telerik Reporting feedback portal and Telerik Reporting roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also the planned ones for release.
- For any features that have already been released, visit the Telerik Reporting Release History page.
- This official Telerik Reporting documentation is public and available for all users. If you want to share your feedback on a specific article, fill in the Was this article helpful? form and tell us more about whether the content was useful for you to successfully achieve what you wanted.
- You can also directly contribute to the documentation—click the Improve this article link on the right-hand side of the page to access the GitHub repository with the source documentation files. Then, create a Pull Request with the suggested changes.
- Need something unique that is tailor-made for your project? Progress offers its Progress Services group that can work with you to create any customized solution that you might need.
- Video Onboarding (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- Online Demos for Telerik Reporting
- Telerik Reporting Videos
- Telerik Blog on Telerik Reporting
- Telerik Reporting Webinars
- Knowledge Base Documentation Hub