The WPF Report Viewer allows developers to deliver reports produced by Telerik Reporting to any rich application developed with WPF.
The toolbar of the WPF Report Viewer provides basic functionality for interacting with the currently-loaded report:
- Navigate back in history
- Navigate forward in history
- Go to first page
- Go to previous page
- Go to a specific page
- Total number of pages
- Go to next page
- Go to last page
- Print Preview: switches between Logical and Physical page renderer. See Rendering and Paging for more information.
- Export: see Export Formats for the available export formats.
- Show/Hide document map
- Show/Hide parameters area
In order to use the WPF Report Viewer, you need a WPF application. In order to create such, you need the following tools installed:
- Visual Studio 2012 or later.
- .NET Framework 4 or above (.NET Framework 4 Client Profile is not supported)
- .NET 6+
- (optional) Expression Blend
The WPF ReportViewer control is a composite of Telerik UI for WPF controls. The viewer's functionality resides in
Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.dll and the viewer's UI in
The purpose of the WPF ReportViewer control is to display Telerik Reports and allow the user to interact with them. By default, reports are processed and rendered on the client machine unless a Reporting REST Service is used. The report in the viewer is rendered in as standard
XAML elements, as
TextBlock, through Telerik Reporting XAML for WPF rendering mechanism.