This document describes the steps to adjust Firefox for test recording and execution.
- Test Studio 2017 R3 (v. 2017.3.1010) And Later
Install the latest Firefox extension from the Mozzila Extension Page. There is a single extension combining recording and execution: Progress Test Studio Extension
If you face any troubles when installing or enabling the extension, please expand the Extension Install Procedure section below.
As of product release 2017 R3 only the new Test Studio extension will be supported. Old extensions are using legacy Firefox add-on API and starting from Firefox v.57 only extensions developed using WebExtensions APIs will be supported for usage in the browser.
Once Firefox is used for first time for web automation in Test Studio 2017 R3 or later version, the old Test Studio extensions will be automatically removed.
- Test Studio 2017 R2 SP1 (v. 2017.2.824) And Earlier
The extensions get installed directly with Test Studio installation. If you need to add or reinstall these manually, please visit this troubleshooting article.
To ensure a flawless and consistent automation process, there are a few browser settings that we need to apply. We call this browser calibration and have implemented a feature to automatically calibrate the browser out of the box. No manual interaction is required.
If you need to double check manually if all settings are correct, expand the Manual Configuration section below.
Follow the steps below if the extension for Firefox is not automatically installed during the Test Studio installation. 1. When you start recording against Firefox, but the Progress extension is not installed, the browser will load the recording start page and will try to load the extension. The recorder will search for the extension for the period that is defined in the *ClientReady* Timeout (the default is 60 seconds).
2. If the Progress extension doesn't load within the timeout period, a link to the Mozzila Extension Page will be displayed to install the extension.
3. By clicking on Get It Free From Mozilla Extensions Page you will be directly navigated to the Progress extension on the Extension Page.
4. By clicking the Add to Firefox button the extension will be added after confirmation.
5. Click on the icon located to the right of the address bar to find the extension's version.
2. Ensure that the Progress Test Studio Extension is enabled.
2. Use the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons to set it to 100%.
2. Click on the Privacy and Security tab (on the left side) and scroll down to Permissions section.
3. Uncheck the Block pop-up windows checkbox.
2. Scroll down to the Tabs section and check Open new windows in a new tab instead.
2. Scroll down to the Downloads section and check and select Always ask you where to save files.
2. Click on Privacy and Security.
3. Scroll down to the History section to set the option to Remember history.
2. Click on Privacy and Security.
3. Make sure the Remember logins and passwords for websites option is disabled.
2. Locate the Applications section on the General Settings tab.
3. Set the PDF format file action to Save File.
1. Click on the browser settings button and select Options.
2. Click on General.
3. Scroll down to the Network Proxy section and press on Settings... button.
4. In the Connection Settings window select Use system proxy settings.
- AOL Messaging Toolbar