The HtmlTextBox report item enables you to insert HTML-formatted text into a report.
You can specify the HTML value at design time either through a WYSIWYG editor or through an expression editor, or retrieve it from a data source by using any simple or complex expression that evaluates to correctly formatted HTML.
|Design View of the HtmlTextBox Editor|
- XHTML validation—The HtmlTextBox allows you to validate its defined content as valid XHTML.
- Formatting with the Telerik AJAX Editor—You can filter the HTML tags or CSS attributes that are not supported by the HtmlTextBox by using the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX Editor.
- Editing—The HtmlTextBox supports data-driven inline fields which you can edit in place or through a design-time editor.
- Styling and formatting—The HtmlTextBox enables you to control the presentation style of its text through the supported CSS attributes and HTML tags.
- Growing and shrinking—You can accommodate the content of the HtmlTextBox by allowing it to grow or shrink correspondingly.
- Embedded expressions—With the HtmlTextBox, you can create a mail-merge functionality or a template for the text in your report.
- Getting Started with the HtmlTextBox Report Item
- (KB) Anchor Tags vs. Hyperlink Actions in the HtmlTextBox
- (KB) Error while Parsing EntityName
- (w3.org) Full List of Special Entities
- Demo Page for Telerik Reporting
- Knowledge Base Section