The Elements Explorer is similar to the DOM Explorer in that it displays a tree of elements, but the Elements Explorer only contains elements you want to use in your tests. Also, the elements in the tree view have properties that are more specific to testing. Although elements may be used in several tests and test steps, each element is shown only once in the Elements Explorer.
You can find the Elements Explorer under/next to the Project's Explorer on the left bottom pane.
The Elements tab, maintains a list of all Elements within the current project. It provides a one-stop shop to view elements and edit the way they are found during execution.
The Elements menu bar has the following buttons:
- Add Element - add a Predefined element.
- Element Mapping (IntelliMap) - Map a Predefined element.
- Search - search the Explorer based on the element Friendly Name property.
- Sort - organize the elements in an ascending or descending order, or clear the sorting.
- Refresh - refresh the display of elements in the Explorer. You seldom should have to do this because Test Studio normally refreshes the window properly.
- Enable/Disable Highlighting - control the highlighting of elements on the recording surface as they are selected in the tree view. When enabled, an element highlighted in the Elements pane will also be highlighted in the active browser.
- Expand/Collapse - show or hide all elements under their respective page nodes.
- This Test/All Tests - show elements for the currently loaded test only, or the elements for every test in the project.
HTML Tree View
Silverlight Tree View
WPF Tree View