Let's look at an example of a Local Data Driven Test, run with quick execute, and how to view and interpret the results.
Here is a Web Test that:
- Navigates to http://www.google.com.
- Sets the search query to Telerik.
- Clicks the Search button.
- Verifies the text block description of the first result.
The fourth step is data bound to a local data table:
Click the Run button in the Quick Execution ribbon. The test steps should execute three times, once for each row in the built-in grid.
- The summary results read Fail 11 passed out of total 12 executed.
- There were four test steps, executed for three iterations, once for each row of data.
- Expand the drop-down menu to view the data used in each iteration.
- Telerik and mobile app both existed in the element text that step four verified.
- The data xyz did not exist in the element text so that iteration failed.
Click the blue View Log link to view:
- The overall result
- The result of each iteration
- The data used to drive each iteration
- Failure information