Hyperlink Action Overiw
You can add a hyperlink to a report item so that a user can access a Web page by clicking the item. A hyperlink can be a static URL or an expression that evaluates to a URL. If you have a field in a database that contains URLs, the expression can contain that field, resulting in a dynamic list of hyperlinks in the report. You can define a hyperlink on any report item.
Hyperlink URL-s should be absolute by design. This ensures they are compatible with all of the report viewers and supported rendering formats.
To define a hyperlink add a NavigateToUrlAction on an item.
You can also specify whether the URL is opened in the same or new browser window using the Target property.
Opening URL in the same window is only applicable for the legacy ASP.NET Web Forms Report Viewer. For the others, the NavigateToUrlAction would be opened in a new window.
How to Add a Hyperlink Action
Add a hyperlink to a URL when you want users to be able to click a link in a report and open a browser to the URL you specify. You must ensure that the user has access to the URL that you provide i.e. it allows anonymous access or does not require credentials. You can add a hyperlink to a URL to any item that has an Action property.
Adding a Hyperlink action using Report Designer
- In Design view, right-click a report item to which you want to add a link and then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, click Action.
- Select Navigate to URL. An additional section appears in the dialog box for this option.
- In Target URL TextBox, type a URL or an expression that evaluates to a URL.
- Click OK.
- To test the link, run the report and click the report item with the applied Action. For TextBoxes, it is helpful to change the color and effect of the text to indicate that the text is a link. For example, change the color to blue and the effect to underline by setting the corresponding Font properties of the TextBox.
Adding a Hyperlink action programatically
Telerik.Reporting.NavigateToUrlAction UrlAction1 = new Telerik.Reporting.NavigateToUrlAction(); UrlAction1.Url = "http://demos.telerik.com/reporting"; textBox1.Action = UrlAction1;
Dim UrlAction1 As New Telerik.Reporting.NavigateToUrlAction() UrlAction1.Url = "http://demos.telerik.com/reporting" textBox1.Action = UrlAction1