NuGet is a popular .NET package manager.
Progress maintains the Telerik NuGet Feed for registered users and all Kendo UI for jQuery official releases and service packs are published there as well.
The legacy https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget server is now deprecated. Make sure to switch to the new https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/index.json server, which is faster, lighter, and reduces the number of requests from your NuGet client.
The Telerik NuGet Feed provides the following Kendo UI for jQuery packages:
KendoUIProfessional—The commercial Kendo UI for jQuery version.
KendoUIProfessional.Trial—The trial Kendo UI for jQuery version.
KendoUICore—The open-source Kendo UI distribution which contains only the open-sourced components.
To add the Telerik NuGet feed as a package source on your machine and access the packages, use either of the following approaches:
- Use the NuGet CLI.
- Use the UI provided from Visual Studio for configuring authenticated NuGet feeds.
The following video summarizes the steps for adding the Telerik NuGet feed to your NuGet sources.
To register the Telerik NuGet Feed on your system by using the NuGet CLI:
- Download the latest NuGet executable.
- Open a command prompt and change the path to where the
The command from the following example stores a token in the
%AppData%\NuGet\NuGet.configfile. Your original credentials cannot be obtained from this token.
NuGet Sources Add -Name "telerik.com" -Source "https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/index.json" -UserName "your login email" -Password "your password"
If you are unable to connect to the feed by using encrypted credentials, try the alternative approach of storing credentials in clear text.
NuGet Sources Add -Name "telerik.com" -Source "https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/index.json" -UserName "your login email" -Password "your password" -StorePasswordInClearText
If you have already stored a token instead of storing the credentials as clear text, you can update the definition in the
%AppData%\NuGet\NuGet.configfile by using the following command:
NuGet Sources Update -Name "telerik.com" -Source "https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/index.json" -UserName "your login email" -Password "your password" -StorePasswordInClearText
To register the Telerik NuGet Feed on your system by using the NuGet package manager:
- Open Visual Studio.
- Go to Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Settings, select Package Manager Sources and then click the + button.
Select the feed Name, set the feed URL to https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/index.json, and click OK.
Select the Browse list of packages.
- Enter your Telerik credentials in the Windows Authentication dialog. As a result, all of the packages that are licensed to the user account are now available in Visual Studio Package Manager.
After setting up the Telerik NuGet Feed package source on your computer, install the Kendo UI for jQuery packages by using either of the following utilities:
Regardless of the package installation approach you choose, after the installation, the content scripts and stylesheets will be copied to your application as follows:
/Content/kendo/<version>/—Contains the minified CSS files and theme images.
To install the Kendo UI for jQuery packages by using the Package Manager dialog:
Right-click Solution or a specific project in Solution, and navigate to Manage NuGet Packages.
Set the package source to
telerik.comand install the
To install the Kendo UI for jQuery packages by using the Package Manager console:
- Open the project or solution in Visual Studio, and open the console by selecting Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console.
To install the package, substitute
WebApplicationwith the name of your project from the following command and run it.
Install-Package KendoUIProfessional -ProjectName WebApplication
- Create Your Own Custom Bundles
- Create Your Own Custom Components
- Initialize Components as jQuery Plugins
- Initialize Components with MVVM
- Component Script Dependencies