RadListView is a virtualizing list component that provides the most popular features associated with scenarios where a list of items is used. All these features are embedded in one control with the idea to save developer's time and provide better experience.
RadListView is available for the following platforms:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Universal Windows Platform
Figure 1: RadListView Overview
- Selection: RadListView supports both single and multiple selection, additionally items can be selected on tap or on hold gestures. For more details check Selection article.
- Different layouts and orientation: You could choose between linear and grid layout as well as define the scroll direction of the layout. Read more about this in the Layouts topic.
- ItemTemplateSelector: RadListView control exposes an ItemTemplateSelector property which you can use to apply different template to each item depending on a specific condition. Read more about it in the ItemTemplateSelector topic.
- Reorder Items: Allows end-users to reorder ListView items using drag and drop. Read more about it in the Reorder Items topic.
- Load on demand: In addition to the built-in UI virtualization, the control supports load-on-demand. This optimizes the initial loading of the app and the new items are loaded before the user reaches the bottom of the ListView. Read more about this functionality in the Load on Demand article.
- Item Swipe: The item swipe feature enables end-users to swipe an item to reveal actionable content beneath. For more details check Cell Swipe topic.
- Grouping, sorting and filtering: You could easily visualize your items in groups, sorted and filtered in accordance with your criteria. For detailed instructions on how to enable these features, check Grouping, Sorting and Filtering topics.
- Customizable Items: Take advantage of the styling capabilities of RadListView by using its Style properties such as ItemStyle, SelectedItemStyle, etc. For more details check Styling article.