Telerik Project Templates for VS on Windows
The Telerik UI for .NET MAUI extensions and project templates for Visual Studio (VS) on Windows aim to help developers when creating .NET MAUI applications with Telerik UI for .NET MAUI components.
The extensions handle the following major points in the development with Telerik UI for .NET MAUI:
- Project creation—Through the Telerik .NET MAUI App and Telerik .NET MAUI Blank App project templates, you can quickly create an application that is pre-configured to use Telerik UI for .NET MAUI.
- Toolbox support—The Telerik UI for .NET MAUI Toolbox extension for Windows facilitates the adding of Telerik controls to your .NET MAUI application.
Using the Project Templates
Telerik UI for .NET MAUI supports two project template apps. Both of them are installed as part of the Telerik UI for .NET MSI installation. When you finish with the automatic installation, you're ready to utilize them.
To start building your Telerik UI for .NET MAUI project with the project templates for VS on Windows:
Include the following components for Visual Studio to work properly:
- The Mobile Development with .NET workload with the .NET MAUI component.
- The individual Text Template Transformation component.
Open Visual Studio and choose the Create a new project option.
Search for maui:
As a result, you can see the supported project templates:
- Telerik .NET MAUI App—Represents a configurable wizard, which contains various predefined application templates that include the Telerik .NET MAUI suite setup.
- Telerik .NET MAUI Blank App—Represents a blank project for creating a .NET MAUI application that includes the Telerik .NET MAUI suite setup.
Depending on your preferences, you can select either of the available options for configuring your Telerik UI for .NET MAUI project.
- If you select the Telerik .NET MAUI App configurable wizard, the Configure your new project screen loads. In it, set your project name and location.
An additional screen for choosing the predefined application template loads:
- If you select the Telerik .NET MAUI Blank App option, you can start configuring the created blank application.
Visual Studio opens the solution directly configured to use the Telerik UI for .NET MAUI controls and the
Telerik.UI.for.MauiNuGet package is installed.
If you do not have the Telerik NuGet Server set up in Visual Studio, a message will pop up, so you can enter your Telerik credentials. The Telerik NuGet Server will be automatically configured as a NuGet source in Visual Studio:
The following image shows the end result after running the application.