Telerik JustMock is an easy to use mocking tool designed to help you create better unit tests, faster than ever. JustMock makes it easier for you to create mock objects and set expectations independently of external dependencies like databases, web service calls, or proprietary code.
The JustMock API is completely AAA (Arrange/Act/Assert) oriented thus helping you keep your unit tests well structured, clean and readable. No matter whether you try to mock an interface, a sealed class or a static class, the pattern you use is the same.
To read more please visit the Telerik JustMock product overview page.
Telerik JustMock is a
professional grade mocking library that help you easily craft unit tests even for complex scenarios by isolating dependencies. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
New to Telerik JustMock?
Telerik JustMock is a professional grade mocking library that help you easily craft unit tests even for complex scenarios by isolating dependencies. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
Mocking is a concept in unit testing where real objects are substituted with fake objects that imitate the behavior of the real ones. Mocking is done so that a test can focus on the code being tested and not on the behavior or state of external dependencies.
For example, if you have a data repository class that runs business logic and then saves information to a database, you want your unit test to focus on the business logic and not on the database. Mocking the “save” calls to your database ensures your tests run quickly and do not depend on the availability or state of your database. When you’re ready to make sure the “save” calls are working, then you’re moving on to integration testing. Unit tests should not cross system boundaries, but integration tests are allowed to cross boundaries and make sure everything works together (your code, your database, your web services, etc.).
Mock objects can be created and maintained manually, but this is a time consuming and ultimately unproductive approach. A tool like Telerik JustMock allows you to focus on writing tests and forget about the mocking details. Mock objects are created automatically in memory when the tests run based on your simple configuration in the unit test. There are no “physical” mock objects that have to be maintained as your project changes.
JustMock allows you to mock everything from interfaces, virtual and abstract methods and properties to sealed classes, non-virtual methods and properties, static classes, methods and properties, even those from mscorlib like DateTime, File, FileInfo, etc. All these can be mocked without a single change of your production code.
Unlike other mocking frameworks, JustMock lets you mock:
- Sealed classes: call methods of sealed classes even with internal constructors.
- Static classes, methods, properties: create mocks of static classes, set expectations for static method and property calls, verify static method calls.
- Final methods or properties: assert final methods, overloads,
- Test objects and behaviors independently - fake any dependencies like databases, web service calls, proprietary code
- virtual and abstract methods and properties
- LINQ queries
- sealed classes
- static classes, methods, and properties
- non-virtual methods and properties
- non-public members and types
- mscorlib members
- DLL imports
- Clean Arrange/Act/Assert syntax - keep your unit tests clean and readable
- Strongly typed fluent interface - no magic strings, compile time checks, refactoring support
- Loose mocks, Partial mocking, Recursive/nested mocking, Sequential mocking
- Fast and lightweight - custom dynamic proxy library meets mocking needs only
- Support for Visual Studio - JustMock supports Visual Studio 2019, 2017, 2015, and older
- Support of Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Entity Framework mocking
Support for CI/CD, build tools, code coverage tools, profilers, unit testing add-ins and other
- Integration with Azure Pipelines. Read how to integrate JustMock with Azure Pipelines
- MSBuild - integrate JustMock with an MSBuild build task. Read how to integrate JustMock with MSBuild .
- Jenkins CI - integrate JustMock along in Jenkins build. Read how to integrate JustMock with Jenkins CI .
- TeamCity - integrate JustMock in TeamCity build. Read how to integrate JustMock with TeamCity .
- NCover - JustMock supports NCover 1.3.3, 1.5.8 and 3.4.6.
- JetBrains dotCover - JustMock supports JetBrains dotCover version 3.1 and above.
- JetBrains dotTrace - JustMock supports JetBrains dotTrace version 3.1 and above.
- PostSharp - for version 220.127.116.11 and above
To learn how to install and work with Telerik JustMock, visit the following resources:
For any issues you might encounter while working with Telerik JustMock, use any of the available support channels:
- License holders and active trialists can take advantage of our outstanding customer support delivered by the developers building the library. To submit a support ticket, use the dedicated support system.
- Our forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the team on all kinds of general issues.
- Our feedback portal provides information on the features/bugs in discussion and also the planned ones for release.