To set up and install Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, you first need to add the prerequisites.
Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core requires .NET Core.
The offline sample application requires:
To download Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core:
- Log in to your Telerik account.
- Click Downloads in the top navigation.
- Click Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET Core.
- In the Installation section select to download the Telerik online installer (
MSIinstaller file directly.
The Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core suite can be included in a project via NuGet without locally installing the suite on the machine. Further information on how to configure such application could be found in the Getting Started article.
Run the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core installer. The automatic setup will guide you through the rest of the installation. The setup installs Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core <version>.
Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core contains the following directories:
styles—The minified CSS files and images used by the themes.
typescript—The TypeScript definitions for the Kendo combined scripts (kendo.all, kendo.dataviz, kendo.web and kendo.mobile).
vsdoc—The intellisense definitions for the Kendo combined scripts (as the above).
VSExtensions—The extensions for Visual Studio 2017.
wrappers\aspnetcore\Binaries\AspNet.Core—Containing the .nupkg NuGet package file.
wrappers\aspnetcore\Examples\AspNet.Core\VS2017—The ASP.NET Core sample application built with Visual Studio 2017.
wrappers\aspnetcore\EditorTemplates\razor—The ready-to-use editor templates based on the Kendo UI widgets.
Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core comes with a sample .NET Core application, built with Visual Studio 2017, which is an offline version of the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core Demos.
As of the Kendo UI R2 2018 release, the Visual Studio 2015 version of the sample application is no longer distributed because of its deprecated format and limited tooling support.
To run the sample application:
- Navigate to the installation directory of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core.
- Open the Visual Studio 2017 sample project
CTRL+F5to build and run the application.
The sample application Visual Studio Project contains the following items:
Views—The Razor views.
Controllers—The Controller classes.
Models—The Model classes.
wwwroot—The web application root which, in the App_Data folder, contains the LocalDB sample database and the other client resources such as libraries, scripts, styles, and others.
- Create your own custom bundles
- Check out the jQuery version support
- Check out the web browser support
- Check out the operation system support
- Check out the PDF and Excel export support
- Explore the helper script dependencies
- Including Client-Side Resources
- Installing Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core with Bower
- Installing Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core by Using the CDN Services
- Installing Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core with NPM
- Installing Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core with NuGet
- First Steps on Visual Studio for Windows (Online Guide)
- First Steps on Visual Studio for Mac (Online Guide)
- First Steps with CLI (Online Guide)