To integrate with Visual Studio, Telerik provides the Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET Core Visual Studio (VS) Extensions. They enhance the experience in developing web applications with Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core.
The VS Extensions come with handy templates that ease the creation of new projects. They also help you add Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core to an existing project or upgrade the UI for ASP.NET Core version. The Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core VS extensions support VS 2022, 2019 and 2017, and are distributed through the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core installer and the Visual Studio Marketplace.
Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core is a
professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
New to Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core?
Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core is a professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The VS extensions provide wizards that allow you to automate the following procedures:
Project Creation wizard—allows you to use pre-configured project templates that include the required package references and client-side resources. These templates enable the quick deployment of popular components like Grid and Menu or even entire Dashboard applications. With the Project Creation wizard you can:
Select between project templates for both helper flavors—HTML Helpers and Tag Helpers.
Select the ASP.NET Core version and target framework.
- Select the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core version that you want to use.
- Project Conversion—automatically configures any existing ASP.NET Core application to use the Telerik UI components, and turns it into a complete Telerik application. The wizard lets you select between using CDN or local files for the client-side resources.
- Project Configuration—allows you to change the visual theme and to configure the right-to-left support, localization, and CDN use in existing projects that are already configured to use the Telerik UI components.
- Update notifications—the VS Extensions notify you when a new version of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core is available and allow you to upgrade your applications.
- The Project Creation and Conversion wizards let you select a visual theme so that only the necessary CSS files are included.
There are three ways to install the VS Extensions:
- By using the automated MSI installer
- By installing from the Visual Studio Marketplace
- By installing directly from Visual Studio
To install the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core Visual Studio Extensions, run the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core installer and verify that the Visual Studio Extensions are selected for installation.
Go to the Visual Studio Marketplace and select the desired version:
When the download is complete, navigate to the download folder and click on the downloaded
TelerikUI.ASP.NET.Core.VSPackage.vsix file to install the extensions.
- Launch Visual Studio.
- Select Extensions from the top menu. (In Visual Studio 2017, this menu is called Tools.)
- Click Manage Extensions from the drop-down menu. (In Visual Studio 2017, this menu is called Extensions and Updates.)
- Click Online to the left and select Visual Studio Marketplace.
- In the Search text box, enter
Telerik ASP.NET Core VSExtensions
- Select the extension and click Download.
- Visual Studio will apply the changes automatically once you close all Microsoft Visual Studio windows.
To access the VS extensions from the VS Toolbar, go to Extensions > Telerik > Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core. Choose one of the two options - Create New Project or Convert to Telerik Application.
To access the template projects, go to File > New > Project and search for
To access the VS extensions from the VS, go to Telerik > Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core. Choose from one of the two options - Create New Project or Convert to Telerik Application.
To access the template projects, go to File > New > Project and click on Installed > Telerik or search for
Telerikin the search textbox on the right.
You can find the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core VS Extensions settings in the standard Visual Studio options dialog under the Telerik node.