Еlement searches or verification related tasks that pass in “Quick Execution” or inside Test Studio, fail in Visual Studio Test Explorer plug-in.
Reason: Visual Studio’s runners – testhost.exe have different built-in DPI scaling option.
1. Go to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022[VS Edition]\Common7\IDE\Extensions\TestPlatform”
2. 2. Open file properties for the appropriate runner. This one is tricky since the underlying runner can be changed from within Visual Studio:
The default should be: “testhost.exe”
3. In file properties go to “Compatibility” tab.
4. Click “Change High DPI settings”.
5. Force the process to use the system specified DPI: