The target machine to be monitored must have either Run Time edition or Test Studio installed on it. The execution server needs to be running before Test Studio can connect to it for performance monitoring.
To monitor performance counters of one or more machines during your load test:
1. In the Test tab for your load test, click under Monitor Performance.
2. Enter the machine name or IP address for the computer you wish to monitor. This machine does not need to play a specific role in your load test, but it does need an installation of Test Studio Runtime Edition or higher.
3. Click Test Connection to ensure Test Studio can communicate with the target machine.
4. If Test Studio can connect to the target machine, the Available Counters list will populate. Click each object you wish to monitor. Then, you may choose to select specific counters for each object under Counter.
5. To save this set of performance counters for use with other load tests or machines:
b. Input a name for the performance template.
6. Click Save.
An entry for this machine will appear under Monitor Performance. Click the checkbox next to the machine name to toggle performance monitoring for this machine.