Test properties can be reviewed from a button in the test ribbon as shown on the following screenshot.
Double click TestList.vsmdi and which brings up the 'Test List Editor' in Visual Studio.
Select a test from the 'Test List Editor' to see the properties.
Here are the test properties with a brief description of each:
- DataEnabled - whether to use the data source associated with this test to data drive the test.
- DataRange - defines a data range to execute within the data source set on a data driven test. Range is 1 based. Format: 'StartRow:EndRow' [i.e. '3:5'] or 'SingleRow' or ':3' (first three) or '3:' (three to end).
- DataSource - the data source bound to this test.
- DataTableName -
- DataType - the data source type associated with this test.
- DefaultToGrid - when the BuiltInGrid is created in addition to an external data source, if set will default to the BuiltInGrid, else the external source.
- HasBuiltInGrid - whether a BuiltInGrid is attached to this test.
- InheritParentDataSource - gets or sets whether this data-bound test will inherit the data source from its parent data-bound test.
- IsDataDriven - whether the test is data driven.
- BrowserType - set the browser to execute the test with.
- Associated Work Items - work items with which this test is associated in the Team Foundation Server work item database.
- Deployment Items - files to be deployed with the test.
- Description - test description.
- DisableDialogMonitoring - whether the test should monitor for dialogs.
- HasCodeBehind - whether this test has code/script associated with it..
- Host Data - custom data to pass to the host adapter.
- Host Type - a host is a test execution environment. Default means the default test host, VSTestHost.exe.
- ID - unique name of the test.
- Iteration - iteration in the project lifecycle to which this test belongs.
- Non-runnable Error - for a test that cannot be run, this property describes why it cannot be run. For a test that can be run, this property is empty.
- Owner - owner of the test.
- Priority - relative importance of the test.
- Project - test project that contains this test.
- Project Area - nod in the team project hierarchy to which this test belongs.
- Project Relative Path - path on disk to the project file, relative to the solution.
- SilverlightEnabled - enabled Silverlight automation on this test.
- Solution - solution that contains the test project to which this test belongs.
- Test Categories - list of test categories assigned to this test.
- Test Enabled - true = enabled; false = disabled.
- Test Name - name of the test.
- Test Storage - path on disk to the file that contains this test.
- Test Type - type of test (Test Studio, unit, Web, etc.).
- Timeout - timeout value of the test (hours:minutes:seconds) which represents the maximum amount of time the test can take, after which the test will fail.