After you connect a project to a Scheduling Server, you can view the status of the Execution Servers connected to that Scheduling Server.
1. Click the Status button in the Project View ribbon bar.
2. The Remote Execution Status Window provides a summary of each Execution Server connected to this Scheduling Server and an overview for the Scheduling and Storage services.
Scheduling Server section shows if the service is running, which is the server URL and the version of Test Studio on that server machine.
Storage Server sections shows if the service is running, which is the server URL and the version of Test Studio on that server machine. Along with that is displayed the database version and if its service is running.
If any of the services is not running for some reason at least its status will be in red to indicate there is something wrong. If the Scheduling Service is down the Storage and Database will be also down.
- If the Storage Service is down the Scheduling service will still be alive but the Database will not be usable.
- If the MongoDB service or the databse is down only its status will be in red.
- If there are not calibrated browsers on any of the remote machines the respective browser icon will be marked with a yellow warning sign. To calibrate it you could either drill down to the particular machine details or turn on the AutoCalibrateBrowsers setting in the Web tab of Test List Settings.
3. To view detailed information about an Execution Server, double-click the respective row in the grid or click the magnifier icon in front of the machine name. The Execution Server Details screen provides extended information about the specifications, system performance and test execution status of an Execution machine.
The Machine Information section displays system specification for the machine.
The Browser Information section displays all installed browsers on the execution machine along with their calibration state. All installed browsers on the remote machine could be calibrated or restored to default settings from the provided buttons - Calibrate and Restore.
The Logging information section allows you to enable or disable the Logging on the Execution machine, View and Clear the Log.
4. The Execution Server Details view displays different statuses for the selected execution machine as per its state
- If there are tests running on the machine only the buttons in the Logging sections will be enabled. The installed browsers could not be calibrated while tests are being executed.
- If the name of the currently executed test on an execution machine is too long it will be partially displayed. To see the whole string hover the mouse over the partially displayed one.
- If the execution machine could not be accessed all buttons in the Browser and Logging sections will be disabled. A warning message appears to double check what could be preventing the connection to remote execution server.
The Back button navigates back to the list with connected execution machines.