Data Explorer Does Not Show Data Fields
|Product||Progress® Telerik® Reporting Report Designers|
After configuring a data source component, the Data Explorer lists only the direct properties of the wrapped data object. These properties must be public, and must have a proper getter.
Cases in which the Data Explorer does not load all or any fields:
- The configured data source component is SqlDataSource, and the SQL query uses temporary tables. No fields will be listed in the Data Explorer.
- The configured data source component wraps a custom data model, which properties are not public or do not have getters. Only public properties with getters will be displayed in the Data Explorer.
- The configured data source component wraps a custom data model, which has a collection property. The collection will be displayed as an array of objects in the Data Explorer. You won't be able to see the inner properties of the collection items.
- The selected data item's DataSource is not set to any data source component. The Data Explorer will not load any fields.
- The wrapped data object does not have a specific data schema e.g. a DataTable object loaded with data dynamically, where columns are not declared - Adding Columns to a DataTable.
Per case from the Description section:
- Apply the settings from the Configuring Stored Procedure with Temporary Tables KB article.
- Update the data model to expose its properties - make them
publicand verify each has at least a
- To get the properties of the type of the collection property, you can use a temporary data source component to design the item. Details how to use collection properties are available in the How to Databind to Collection Properties KB article.
- Set the data item's DataSource to a configured data source component, and on selecting the item the Data Explorer will list its data source's fields. The same apply if you want to use the Edit Expression dialog.
- The data object should expose a data schema - public properties with getters, exposing their names and types, and etc.