The Sessions section in Fiddler Everywhere provides the option to save, modify, inspect, encrypt, and share previously captured traffic. The section is part of a collapsable panel that you can hide/show to optimize your working space.
To save sessions to the Sessions list, use the Save and Share options of the Live Traffic list. All saved entries are automatically sorted in alphabetical order.
Working with Saved Sessions
You can select, inspect, modify, and share with collaborators previously saved sessions. The saved session entries can be saved locally or in the cloud. Sharing a session with a collaborator is automatically done when you upload the saved session entry to the cloud.
You can apply several actions to a saved session entry:
- Use single-click to select a saved session entry from the Sessions list.
- Use right-click to load the context menu of a selected session entry. The context menu provides multiple options for managing, exporting, and modifying the saved session entry.
- Set a password to encrypt and protect your session. The context menu provides options for setting, changing, and removing passwords for the saved session entry.
- Use double-click to open a saved session entry from the Sessions list in a new tab. For encrypted sessions, only users with knowledge of the password can open the session entry.
- Use the UI buttons next to a saved session entry to Manage Users (cloud session entries only), Share, and Delete saved session entries.
- Use the UI buttons at the very top to Import sessions archives or to access previously Shared Sessions entries.
To share captured traffic with other collaborators, first, save the session in the cloud. Note that sessions held locally will be transferred to the cloud if you use the share functionalities. For encrypted sessions, only users with knowledge of the password can open the session entry.
Fiddler Everywhere provides UI solutions for sharing and collaboration.
Sharing Selected Sessions
To share a selected session:
- Select a saved session entry from the Sessions list.
- Click the Share button to the right of the entry name.
- When the Share Sessions prompt window appears, enter a valid email (mandatory) and notes (optional). Click Share.
Sharing Saved Session
To share a saved session:
- Double-click a saved session entry from the Sessions list.
- The session entry opens in a new tab. Click the Share button from the toolbar.
- The Share Sessions prompt window appears. Enter a valid email (mandatory) and notes (optional). Click Share.
The Manage Users option appears only if the session entry is stored in the cloud and shared. Click Manage Users to prompt a window to appear that allows you to manage the list of users that have access to the shared session.
The Delete button located to the right of the selected entry removes the chosen session entry from the Sessions list. The shared session can be recovered from the Shared Sessions list.
Sessions Context Menu
Each session provides commands that can be accessed through its context menu or keyboard shortcuts.
The Open option will load the selected session in the Live Traffic list; It can be accessed with the keyboard by pressing
Enter (on Mac) or
Enter (on Windows).
The Export option prompts the Export windows. The session can be exported to various file formats such as SAZ (Fiddler Archive), HTTPArchive, WCATScript, cURL Script, RAW, and more; It can be accessed with the keyboard by pressing
E (on Mac), or
E (on Windows).
The Rename option allows you to rename the selected session. Available only to the session owner; It can be accessed with the keyboard by pressing
F2 (on Mac) or
F2 (on Windows).
The Delete option removes the session from the Sessions list; It can be accessed with the keyboard by pressing
Back (on Mac) or
Del (on Windows).
The Share option prompts a window to appear that allows you to add the emails of the users with whom you want to share the session. The sharing option is available only to the session owner; It can be accessed with the keyboard by pressing
= (on Mac) or
= (on Windows).
The Manage Users option allows you to manage the users with which the session is being shared. The feature is available only for session entries that are saved in the cloud and is active only for the session owner.
- Manage users icon.
The Compare option allows you to select and inspect two saved sessions through the Compare Sessions (BETA) section. Learn more on how to compare saved sessions here...
Saving in The Cloud
The Save in the Cloud option allows you to manage the users with which the session is being shared. The feature is available only for session entries that are locally stored and are active only for the session owner.
The Set Password option allows you to enable encryption and set a password for the selected session entry. Only users with the knowledge of the password will be able to open the password-protected session. Password-protected sessions are listed in the Session list with a lock icon. For entries that are already password-protected, the context menu provides the options Change Password and Remove Password.
- Password-protected session icon.
Import Session provides an option to load sessions that are saved in various formats such as
*.saz (Fiddler Archive),
*.tstest (TestStudio LoadTest),
*.cap (Packet Capture),
*.xml (IE F12 NetXML).
Shared Sessions List
The Shared Session button loads a window with the account history of previously shared session entries. Deleted session entries can be restored using the Download option.