RadTaskDialog is a themable alternative of the windows dialog box and the newly released TaskDialog for .NET 5. The dialog box is a window that allows users to perform a command, ask the users a question, provide users with information or indicate the progress of an ongoing task.
RadTaskDialog represents an extended version of the standard System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox and respectively the RadMessageBox.
Here are a few of the RadTaskDialog's main features:
- Auto-Size: The size of the window is based on the content added to the page.
- Paging: Provides navigation to a new page (by reconstructing the dialog from the current properties). The task dialog can act as a small wizard with several pages. Microsoft recommends to use no more than three pages.
- Supported Elements: Supports all of the native Task Dialog elements (like custom buttons, command links, progress bar, radio buttons, check box, expanded area, footer). The task dialog supports a wide range of predefined elements which can be assigned to the page and will be automatically arranged with no need to write any layout logic.
- Icons: In addition to the standard icons which indicate Error, Warning, Information, the task dialog has green, yellow, red, gray or blue bar over the whole heading/title background. Additionally, custom icons and images are also supported out of the box.
- Modal vs Non Modal: Can be shown modal or non-modal, via the ShowDialog or the Show methods.
- Localization: Localization for each of the predefined strings.
- Right To Left support
- Customization: The Microsoft TaskDialog wraps native window and native components, which does not provide customization options. RadTaskDialog can be constructed according to the specific requirement that you need to cover.