WinForms SyntaxEditor Overview
As of R1 2020 Telerik UI for WinForms suite offers a RadSyntaxEditor control. RadSyntaxEditor is a useful text editor control which provides built-in syntax highlighting and code editing experience for popular languages. It allows users to create custom syntax highlighting of keywords and operators of their own language.
The SyntaxEditor is part of Telerik UI for WinForms, a
professional grade UI library with 160+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The SyntaxEditor is part of Telerik UI for WinForms, a professional grade UI library with 160+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
- Syntax highlighting - Provides syntax highlighting for procedural programming and markup languages. Also allows users to customize built-in languages or create highlighting for their own custom language.
- Code outlining - Displays code blocks in tree structure and allows users to expand and collapse the code blocks interactively for readability. RadSyntaxEditor automatically chooses where to create outlines for built-in languages. It also allows users to create outlining for their own syntax highlighting.
- Undo and redo - Include support for undo and redo operations that erase the last change in a document and reinsert it.
- IntelliPrompts - RadSyntaxEditor can show IntelliPrompts for code completion and method overloading to speed up coding by reducing typos and other common mistakes.
- Find and replace - Users can replace the specified text with the replacement text as per the conditions specified. Includes options to replace the first occurrence or all occurrences of the search text.
- Zooming - Allows users to zoom in and out of the control up to 4 times the original font size.
- Line numbers - Displays the line number at the start of a line for the users to identify the current number.
- Palettes - The control comes with 4 different palettes from which you can choose from and allows for custom palettes to be created.
- Keyboard Shortcuts - RadSyntaxEditor supports the most widely-spread keyboard hotkeys which can also be found in other text editors.