Once a recording session is started do not start another instance of the same browser until the session is finished!
To add new test in the project click with the right mouse button on the project name in Solution Explorer, select Add and choose between Test Studio Web Test... or Test Studio WPF Test....
The respective item is selected in the list of items, type a name and click Add.
Note! The supported for recording browsers are Internet Explorer, Chrome and FireFox
Double click a web test from the Solution Explorer to open it. Click on the Record button to start the recording process.
In the dialog that pops up enter the URL to record a test against and select the recording browser. Then click on Record button.
The URLs recently used for recording will be listed in the Recent URLs section where you can select directly any of them.
The recording browser will start and navigate to the selected URL. Once the URL is fully loaded the Test Studio Dev Recorder Toolbar will be attached to the browser and you can start performing the desired scenario. Each action against the page will be automatically recorded and presented by a single step in the test.
To stop the recording session close the browser.
Double click a WPF test from the Solution Explorer to open it. Click on the Configure WPF Application button.
The Configure WPF Application Path wizard appears. There are two options to determine the default application to launch for a WPF test.
- WPF Application Path - drag and drop the application shortcut icon into this text box, or click Browse and locate it manually.
- Current Path Expanded - the field is read-only and display the full path to application if environment variables are used.
- Use default path - whether to use the path set here or the default path set in Project Settings > Others (add link to the article).
- Active WPF Applications - Progress Test Studio detects all WPF apps currently running and lists them. Highlight the desired app and press Select Application.
- Recording Options - whether to record window state changes.
Click on OK button to confirm the configuration.
Once you have configured the test click on the Record button to launch a new instance of the application to record against.
The Test Studio Dev Recorder Toolbar will be attached to the application instance and you can start performing the desired scenario. Each action against the application will be automatically recorded and presented by a single step in the test.
To stop the recording session close the WPF application.
The Test Studio Dev Recording Toolbar can be also attached to an already running instance of WPF application or Internet Explorer only. Click the black arrow on the right side of Record button and select the Attach to option.
The screenshot demonstrates the option for web test but is available in WPF test as well.