The Configure Data Selection dialog is the second page of the OpenAccessLinqDataSource wizard. The second page of the wizard allows you to specify which properties will be selected (retrieved) from the database. Also, you could filter, sort and group the retrieved records.
The Configure Data Selection dialog contains a Preview area. It is located at the bottom part of the dialog. There you can see how the corresponding LINQ statement will look like. Each time you modify any of the settings in this dialog, the Preview area is updated.
Via the Configure Data Selection Dialog, five different types of settings could be configured:
- Select - allows you configure which columns will be retrieved from the database. You can return full entities or select a subset of data from the table. Read more
- Where - allows you to filter which records will be retrieved. Read more
- OrderBy - allows you to order the retrieved records. Read more
- GroupBy - allows you to group and aggregate data. Read more
- Advanced - allows to configure the data source control to perform automatic insert, update and delete operations. Read more