The Telerik UI HTML Helpers for ASP.NET MVC are server-side wrappers that enable you to use and configure the Kendo UI for jQuery components in an ASP.NET MVC application.
You can add HTML Helpers to your application and then configure them further by using predefined strongly typed attributes. Most of the components expose events, which you can handle by using the
Events configuration of the helpers.
The Working with Helpers is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC, a
professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The Working with Helpers is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC, a professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The following list describes how the ASP.NET MVC helpers differ from the Kendo UI components.
The Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC HTML helpers:
- Provide for server-side data binding and, in some cases, server-side rendering.
- Allow you to use the
ToDataSourceResult()extension method for binding to server-side collections and for performing data operations (paging, sorting, filtering, and grouping).
- Provide integration with some ASP.NET MVC features such as security trimming and editor templates.
- Support unobtrusive validation based on Data Annotation attributes.
- Enable a simple implementation of CRUD operations.
- Support Visual Studio IntelliSense for the server-side configuration syntax.
- Enable Visual Studio Extensions for automatic creation of new Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC applications and for automatic updating of the Telerik UI version.
- Enable you to use scaffolding to generate component declarations and related controller action methods.
- Allow for a complete server-platform independence.
- Provide full control over the placement of the initialization scripts.
- Support the integration with the MVVM, AngularJS, and Single-Page Application development patterns.
- Support Visual Studio IntelliSense for the client-side API.