ASP.NET Core DateInput Overview
The DateInput is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, a
professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The DateInput is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, a professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The Telerik UI DateInput TagHelper and HtmlHelper for ASP.NET Core are server-side wrappers for the Kendo UI DateInput widget.
The DateInput represents an input field that recognizes and formats scheduling values such as dates. It provides separate sections for days, months, years, hours, and minutes, and also supports the customization of date and time formats.
The following example demonstrates the basic configuration for the DateInput.
@(Html.Kendo().DateInput() .Name("dateinput") // The name of the DateInput is mandatory. It specifies the "id" attribute of the widget. .Value(DateTime.Today) // Set the value of the DateInput. )
<kendo-dateinput name="dateinput" value="DateTime.Today"> </kendo-dateinput>
Functionality and Features
- Appearance—You are able to customize the appearance of the DateInput by configuring its size, fill mode, and border radius.
- Floating Label—You can configure a floating label placeholder text for the DateInput. This label will float above that field and remain visible once the user starts interacting with that input.
- Globalization—You can employ globalization which adjusts the date formats (localization) and adapts the component to specific cultures (internationalization and right-to-left support).
- Accessibility—The DateInput is accessible by screen readers and provides WAI-ARIA, Section 508, WCAG 2.1, and keyboard support.
- Getting Started with the DateInput
Basic Usage of the DateInput HtmlHelper for ASP.NET Core (Demo)
Basic Usage of the DateInput TagHelper for ASP.NET Core (Demo)