You can create a code behind file for each test where you can implement coded steps and custom test classes.
There are two methods of creating a code behind file for your test.
1. Add a coded step from the Step Builder.
2. Right click on a step and select Edit in Code from the Test Step Context Menu.
Every method in the code-behind file is represented in the coded step drop down .
Every coded step can be mapped to any method in the code-behind file.
Do not remove the CodedStep attribute. This is how Test Studio recognizes custom coded steps versus other methods it should ignore.
The code-behind file has access to all Telerik run-time objects, like ActiveBrowser. This is an identical coding experience to the Telerik Testing Framework.
There are three ways how to add a code-behind file in Visual Studio plugin.
1. Click Add code-behind file to your test button
2. Add a coded step from the Step Builder.
3. Right click on a step and select Edit in Code from the Test Step Context Menu.
The code-behind file is nested under the parent test in Solution Explorer: