Kendo UI is an HTML5, jQuery-based framework for building modern web apps. The framework features lots of UI widgets, a rich data visualization framework, an auto-adaptive mobile framework, and all the tools needed for HTML5 app development, such as data source, templates, MVVM, drag-and-drop component, and more.
Kendo UI comes in several different bundles:
- Kendo UI Core - free open source version of Kendo UI, licensed under Apache 2.0. Includes web, mobile widgets, and framework features.
- Kendo UI Professional - includes web, data visualisation, mobile widgets, and framework features.
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC - Kendo UI Professional plus ASP.NET MVC wrappers for all available widgets.
- Telerik UI for JSP - Kendo UI Professional plus JSP wrappers for the available web and dataviz widgets.
- Telerik UI for PHP - Kendo UI Professional plus PHP wrappers for the available web and dataviz widgets.
Kendo UI provides server-side wrappers for ASP.NET, PHP and JSP. Those are classes (ASP.NET and PHP) or XML tags (JSP) which generate the Kendo UI widgets from a server-side code.
You can find more info about the server-side wrappers here:
- Get Started with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Get Started with Telerik UI for JSP
- Get Started with Telerik UI for PHP
You can watch the videos in the Kendo UI YouTube channel.
Several interactive tutorials are available in the Kendo UI Dojo.
The Kendo UI team would love your help to improve the documentation. We encourage you to contribute in the way that you choose:
Open a new issue on the topic if it does not exist already.
When creating an issue, please provide a descriptive title, be as specific as possible and link to the document in question. If you can provide a link to the closest anchor to the issue, that is even better.
This is the most direct method. Follow the contribution instructions. The basic steps are that you fork our documentation and submit a pull request. That way you may contribute to exactly where you found the error. After that, our technical writing team just needs to approve your change request. Please use only standard markdown and follow the directions at the link. If you find an issue in the docs, or even feel like creating new content, we are happy to have your contributions!
You can visit the Kendo UI Forums and leave feedback. This method will take a bit longer to reach our documentation team, but if you like the accountability of forums and need a fast reply from our support team, leaving feedback in the Kendo UI forums guarantees that your suggestion has a support number and that we will follow up on it.
Thank you for contributing to the Kendo UI community!