While upgrading to Test Studio, this message appears:
Service 'Telerik Scheduling Service' (Telerik Scheduling Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
It is very likely port: 8009 to be used by another application. This can be verified using Event Viewer. If this is the case:
1. Navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Telerik\Configs.
2. Open Telerik.TestStudio.ExecutionManager.exe.config in text editor such as Notepad.
3. Change the port (the highlighted part) to something else, for example 8010. Save your changes and continue with installation.
1. Cancel your Test Studio installation.
2. Uninstall the old version of Test Studio.
3. Open the Progress Test Studio Configs folder (C:\ProgramData\Telerik\Configs in Windows 7; C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Telerik\Configs in Windows XP). This is a hidden folder.
4. Rename the Execution Manager configuration file (Telerik.TestStudio.ExecutionManager.exe.config.xml) to a backup name (for example, Telerik.TestStudio.ExecutionManager.exe.config.xml.bak).
5. Restart the installation.