Steps Pane Overview
The Steps pane lists the steps in order of execution for the current test. Many actions and options are available here:
- Move Step Down - Move the selected step(s) down one in the sequence.
- Move Step Up - Move the selected step(s) up one in the sequence.
- Undo - Restore a step you just deleted or changed to its previous state and location.
- Redo - Reapply the edit that was undone with the Undo button
- View Code Behind File - Coded Step only: switch the view between the step's code and the entire code behind file (if it exists).
- Step Marker - Set the step marker to denote where to insert newly recorded/added steps.
- Step Order - The step's place in the test sequence.
- Enabled Checkbox - Whether the step will run during execution.
- Breakpoint - Indicates whether the test will pause at that step and show Debug Options. (Not respected within a Test as Step. Use the Execution > Pause Test Step Property instead.)
- Continue on Failure - Indicates whether the test will stop if that step detects a failure.
- Step Type - Represents the type of step: Action, Verification, Coded, etc.
- Description - The default description given to the step by Test Studio.
- Show Inline Editor - Edit some of the step properties.
- Edit Custom Description - Alter the default step description.
- Delete - Removes the step from the test.
- Step Type Filter - Filter test steps by type.