The Kendo UI DataSource component plays a central role in all web applications built with Kendo UI for jQuery.
It is a known limitation that you cannot name a DataSource field "data".
- DataSource Operations—The Kendo UI for jQuery DataSource provides both client-side and server-side support for sorting, paging, filtering, grouping, and aggregates.
- CRUD Operations—The DataSource component fully supports CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Destroy) data operations.
CORS Operations—With the DataSource, you can also perform Cross-Origin Resource Sharing as described in Todd Anglin's blog post from October 3, 2011.
- Offline Support—The DataSource operates in an offline mode which enables data-bound Kendo UI widgets to function without an active server connection.
HierarchicalDataSourcecomponent allows you to represent hierarchical data.
- Getting Started with the Local DataSource Binding
- Getting Started with the Remote DataSource Binding
- CORS Data Fetching from Another Domain
- DataSource Demos
- Knowledge Base