The Connections menu exposes some finer control over proxy settings and remote connection.
- Fiddler listens on port: textbox with default port set to 8866.
- Act as a system proxy on startup checkbox (checked by default).
- Allow remote computers to connect checkbox.
Fiddler listens on port: textbox controls which port Fiddler Everywhere uses to listen for web traffic. The default port is 8866
The Act as a system proxy on startup controls whether or not Fiddler Everywhere registers as the system proxy during OS startup. Some browsers and many applications use the system proxy by default and re notified when it changes.
Fiddler Everywhere allows you to capture traffic from remote devices. This article lists the steps you need to perform to achieve this.
- Start Fiddler on the device that will capture the traffic.
- Go to Settings > Connections.
Ensure that Allow remote computers to connect checkbox is checked.
Click the Save Changes button to save the changes.
Fiddler is now ready to capture traffic from remote devices.