Manually Installing the Root Certificate on Windows
|Product Version||1.0.0 and above|
How can I manually install the Fiddler root certificate on Windows?
It is recommended that you install the Fiddler Everywhere root certificate on Windows automatically. For the step-by-step guide, refer to the First Steps with Fiddler Everywhere on Windows article.
If the automatic installation and enabling of the trust certificate do not work, you can manually install the trust certificate:
- Make sure you have
FiddlerRootCertificate.crtfile on your machine. To download the certificate, refer to the Export Root Certificate article.
- Go to the Desktop and double-click the
- Click the Install Certificate... button.
- Select the Local Machine store location and click Next.
- Select the Place all certificates in the following store option and click Browse....
- Choose the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder and click OK.
- Click Next to go to the final step of Certificate Import Wizard.
- Click Finish.
The Fiddler root certificate is now installed.