New to Telerik UI for WPF? Download free 30-day trial

Gap Length

The CategoricalAxis and the DateTime axes (DateTimeCategoricalAxis and DateTimeContinuousAxis) expose a GapLength property which can be used to define what type of fraction of the category slot will be filled with the visual representation of the data point. This property expects a relative value between 0 and 1. For the purpose of this tutorial we will use BarSeries as the gap length can be easily observed.

Example 1 demonstrates that setting the GapLength to 0.90 value tells the gap to take 90% of the available space in the category slot. The other 10% will be taken by the bar visuals of the series.

Example 1: Setting the GapLength property

<telerik:RadCartesianChart Palette="Windows8"> 
        <telerik:CategoricalAxis GapLength="0.90"/> 
        <telerik:LinearAxis /> 
                <telerik:CategoricalDataPoint Category="January" Value="2" /> 
                <telerik:CategoricalDataPoint Category="February" Value="5" /> 
                <telerik:CategoricalDataPoint Category="March" Value="3" /> 
                <telerik:CategoricalDataPoint Category="April" Value="10" /> 
                <telerik:CategoricalDataPoint Category="May" Value="9" /> 
                <telerik:CategoricalDataPoint Category="June" Value="7" /> 
                <telerik:CategoricalDataPoint Category="July" Value="1" /> 
WPF RadChartView Gap Length

See Also

In this article