The RadRibbonView control and its components expose several command properties that can be used for customizing their actions.
RadRibbonView Command Properties
- HelpCommand: The property accepts an ICommand and executes it when the ribbon view’s Help button is clicked. The RadRibbonView control exposes two additional properties that are related to the HelpCommand - HelpCommandParameter and HelpCommandTarget.
RadRibbonBackstageItem Command Properties
Command: The property accepts an ICommand and executes it when the item is clicked. The RadRibbonBackstageItem control exposes two additional properties that are related to the command - CommandParameter and CommandTarget.
The command will be executed only if the backstage item’s IsSelectable property is set to False.
RadRibbonGroup Command Properties
- DialogLauncherCommand: The property accepts an ICommand and executes it when dialog launcher button of the group is clicked. The RadRibbonGroup control expose two additional properties that are related to the command - DialogLauncherCommandParameter and DialogLauncherCommandTarget.
The RadRibbonButtons derive from controls from the RadButtons suite and each ribbon button inherits a Command property that accepts a command that is executed when the button is clicked. You can read more about the command support in RadButtons in the Commands help article.
RadRibbonView provides a RibbonCommands class that contains several RoutedUICommand properties which are used by the ribbon view components. You can read more about the routed commands in the RoutedUICommand MSDN article.
You can find the following properties in the RibbonCommands class:
- RibbonCommands.CloseBackstage - executes when the application button is clicked in order to close the ribbon's backstage
- RibbonCommands.MinimizeRibbonCommand - executes when the minimize button is clicked in order to minimize the ribbon
- RibbonCommands.ToggleQATPositionCommand - executes when the position of the ribbon's QuickAccessToolBar is toggled by clicking on its toggle button