ASP.NET Core TextBox Overview
The TextBox is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, a
professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The TextBox is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, a professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The Telerik UI TextBox TagHelper and HtmlHelper for ASP.NET Core are server-side wrappers for the Kendo UI TextBox widget.
The TextBox provides a set of default API configuration options that can be set during its initialization such as value, placeholder, and so on.
The following example demonstrates the basic configuration for the TextBox.
@(Html.Kendo().TextBox() .Name("textbox") // The name of the TextBox is mandatory. It specifies the "id" attribute of the TextBox. .Value("John Doe") // Set the value of the TextBox. )
<kendo-textbox name="textbox" value="John Doe"> </kendo-textbox>
Functionality and Features
- Appearance—The TextBox comes with built-in styling options that allow you to customize the appearance of the component.
- Labels—You can associate the TextBox with a label.
- Accessibility—The TextBox is accessible by screen readers and provides WAI-ARIA, Section 508, WCAG 2.1, and keyboard support.
- RTL support—You can use the Right-to-left (RTL) support of the TextBox to render its content for right-to-left languages, such as Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, or Japanese.
- Events—The TextBox emits multiple events that you can handle and control the behavior of the component.
- Getting Started with the TextBox
Basic Usage of the TextBox HtmlHelper for ASP.NET Core (Demo)
Basic Usage of the TextBox TagHelper for ASP.NET Core (Demo)