The TextBox is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, a
professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The TextBox is part of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, a professional grade UI library with 110+ components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The Telerik UI TextBox TagHelper and HtmlHelper for ASP.NET Core are server-side wrappers for the Kendo UI TextBox widget.
The TextBox provides a set of default API configuration options that can be set during its initialization such as value, placeholder, and so on.
The following example demonstrates the basic configuration for the TextBox.
@(Html.Kendo().TextBox() .Name("textbox") // The name of the TextBox is mandatory. It specifies the "id" attribute of the TextBox. .Value("John Doe") // Set the value of the TextBox. )
<kendo-textbox name="textbox" value="John Doe"> </kendo-textbox>
- Appearance—The TextBox comes with built-in styling options that allow you to customize the appearance of the component.
- Labels—You can associate the TextBox with a label.
- Accessibility—The TextBox is accessible by screen readers and provides WAI-ARIA, Section 508, WCAG 2.2, and keyboard support.
- RTL support—You can use the Right-to-left (RTL) support of the TextBox to render its content for right-to-left languages, such as Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, or Japanese.
- Events—The TextBox emits multiple events that you can handle and control the behavior of the component.
To learn more about the appearance, anatomy, and accessibility of the TextBox, visit the Progress Design System documentation—an information portal offering rich component usage guidelines, descriptions of the available style variables, and globalization support details.
- Getting Started with the TextBox