When pushing commits to Git source control in Test Studio, you get to a state where you are automatically locked out and the changes are not pushed.
To fix the Git source control lockout issue, follow these steps:
- Open the local copy of the project stored on your computer.
Disconnect the project from Git by removing the binding in the context menu. Exit Test Studio.
Settings.aiisfile in the local project root folder and open it with Notepad++.
Search for the
ProjectGuidnode and note its value.
Browse to the folder
C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\ArtOfTest\and find the
WebUITestStudio.jsonfile. Open it with Notepad++.
- Search for the project GUID you noted in the previous step.
Delete the corresponding section of the file and save it - see the marked section in the image as example.
Close both files in Notepad++.
- Start Test Studio and open the previously disconnected project.
- Use the "Connect to Git" option and enter the correct credentials (using a personal access token instead of a password).
- Test pushing and pulling changes to ensure the issue is resolved.