You can use the Test Studio performance testing for profiling a remote server. For this you will need at minimum the Test Studio Run-Time edition installed on the remote machine and the Profiler Service enabled. The versions of Test Studio run locally and remotely on the server must match. Also ensure the correct inbound and outbound ports are open on the remote server.
The below steps will guide you how to open a port on any machine.
1. Click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
2. Select Inbound Rules.
3. Select Action > New Rule.
4. Proceed with the New Inbound Rule Wizard and enter the following information:
- Rule Type = Port
Protocol and Ports = TCP
- Specific port = 8031
- Action = Allow the connection
- Profile = (leave all three checked)
- Name = Test Studio