Ordering the Report Details
- Reporting installation with the Examples feature
- MS SQL server with AdventureWorks
The examples are located in (Replace: Reporting X with your installation version)
- Standalone Report Designer -
%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Reporting X\Report Designer\Examples
- Visual Studio Integrated Designer –
Add an interactive sorting button to a page, group or report header item to enable a user to click the item adorner and sort the report details by the selected expression.
- Open in report design view the SalesOrderDetails report that is used as subreport for the Invoice example report.
- In report design view, select the Quantity group header textbox, to which we want to add an interactive sorting button.
- From Properties window open the Actions editor.
- Select Sorting option.
- Click Edit sort targets button to open Edit Sorting Action targets editor.
- Click New to add a new target.
- Select the Report name (SalesOrderDetails) from the drop down.
- Click OK.
- In Sort expressions drop-down select the field or write expression for which you are defining a sorting action For our example, set the expression to
=Fields.OrderQty. Specifying a sort expression is required.
- Click OK.
To verify the sorting action, preview the report, and then click the interactive sorting button.