- Reporting installation with the Examples feature
- MS SQL server with AdventureWorks
The examples are located in (Replace: Reporting X with your installation version)
- Standalone Report Designer -
%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Reporting X\Report Designer\Examples
- Visual Studio Integrated Designer –
Add an interactive sort button to a sibling or parent item to enable a user to click the item and sort the graph.
- Open in report design view the Dashboard example report
- In report design view, select a sibling or parent item to which you want to add an interactive sorting button. In this case we want to add the Sorting Action to a QUATERLY SALES DISTRIBUTION textbox located on the top of the
- From Properties window open the Actions editor.
- Select Sorting option.
- Click Edit sort targets button to open Edit Sorting Action targets editor.
- Click New to add a new target.
- Select the target Graph group from the drop-down. For our example Select the graph SalesPersonGroup from the drop down. This way we will sort the sales persons if you want to sort the graph series you have to choose the series group OrderDate.QuarterGroup.
- Click OK.
- In Sort expressions drop-down you have to write a sort expression. In our case, the graph
barSeries1.Data.Xis set to
=Sum(Fields.LineTotal)and we want to sort based on the aggregated LineTotal so use the same expression. Specifying a sort expression is required.
- Click OK.
To verify the sorting action, preview the report, and then click the interactive sorting button.