Adding Filtering to Report
This topic illustrates how to add filters to the Report's Filters collection using the Report Designer or Report API, where the filtering occurs after data is retrieved by the report.
If you need to filter data on retrieval, see Using Parameters with Data Source objects
Adding filters to Report using Report Designer
To add filters to the Report use the following steps:
- Open a report in Design view.
- Click the Report selector button located in the upper left hand of the Report Designer. This makes the report active in the Properties window.
- Click Filters ellipsis in the property grid. This displays the current list of filters. By default, the list is empty.
- Click New. A new blank filter equation appears.
- In Expression, type or select the expression for the field to filter. To open the Edit Expression Dialog, select the
- In the Operator box, select the operator that you want the filter to use to compare the values in the Expression box and the Value box.
- In the Value box, type the expression or value against which you want the filter to evaluate the value in Expression.
- Click OK.
Adding filters to Report programatically
Telerik.Reporting.Filter filter1 = new Telerik.Reporting.Filter(); filter1.Expression = "=Fields.ProductID"; filter1.Operator = Telerik.Reporting.FilterOperator.GreaterThan; filter1.Value = "=10"; report1.Filters.Add(filter1);
Dim filter1 As New Telerik.Reporting.Filter() filter1.Expression = "=Fields.ProductID" filter1.Operator = Telerik.Reporting.FilterOperator.GreaterThan filter1.Value = "=10" report1.Filters.Add(filter1)
The Report can have a complex structure due to added groups. You can filter data per group by using the corresponding group's Filters collection.
The Group Explorer can be used for checking the Report's structure and the each group's properties.