By default, every new report is created with a page header section and a page footer section.
- Any control you place in the page header section is rendered at the top of each page of the report's output.
- Any control you place in the page footer section is rendered at the bottom of each page of the report's output.
- Right-click in the empty space around the sections.
- Select Page Header or Page Footer.
- PrintOnFirstPage: Set to False to suppress the page section on the first page of the report.
- PrintOnLastPage: Set to False to suppress the page section on the last page of the report.
Page sections are not related to the report itself, but are relative to the paper or screen. Thus page sections of nested/detail reports are ignored and only the page sections of the main report are visible.
Data Items cannot be used in page sections, because the latter are processed after the report data has been processed. At this moment the report data source is not available anymore.
For some reports, it is useful to include a page-scoped aggregate in the page header or page footer of the report. For example, a per-page sum total may be rendered if the page includes numeric values.
For more information, please refer to the PageExec description in the Functions article.