The Requests list in Fiddler Everywhere provides the option to save, modify, execute, and share previously composed requests. The Composer tab enables you to build and send HTTP and HTTPS request manually. When you save a request using the Composer, the request is added to a collection in the Requests list.
The Requests list contains one or more collections (root folders) of saved requests (or subfolders). You can also further organize your request in subfolders. To reload or start working on the saved requests, expand a collection, and double click on a selected request.
The Requests menu contains three buttons situated to the right of the section title.
- Use the button to open a new Composer tab.
- Use the Shared Collections icon to list and manage the root request collections (folders).
- Use the Create New Collection to create a new collection folder at the Requests list's root level.
The Collection menu contains several options to manage your currently selected requests collection (folder).
- Use the Create New Collection option to create a new collection folder at the selected collection root level.
- Use the Manage Shared Collection option to list and manage users with shared access rights.
- Use the Share Collection option to open the sharing prompt and provide users with shared access rights.
- Use the Delete option to delete the selected collection completely. This action will also remove the collection for shared users.
To share a collection, click on the Share icon to prompt a window where you must mention the email ids of the users you want to share with.
This feature is only available if you are the collection owner.
The delete option will remove a selected collection or a specific request from the Requests list.
Follow these steps to delete a collection:
- Click on the delete icon of the folder.
- A prompt window appears for final confirmation.
- Click Delete.
You could also delete a specific sub-folder or a particular request using the delete option for the selected entry.
Each collection has options accessible via a context menu.
New Folder: Creates new folder within the selected collection.
Rename: Renames the selected collection. This option is only applicable for the collection owner. Keyboard shortcut: __F2_ (Mac), F2 (Windows)._
Delete: Deletes the collection from the Requests list. TWill also delete all the requests present in the collection. If the collection is shared, this action will also remove the collection for the shared users. Keyboard shortcut: __CMD + Back_ (Mac), Del (Windows)._
Share: Triggers the Share Collection window. Keyboard shortcut: __CMD + Shift + =_ (Mac), Ctrl + Shift + = (Windows)._
Manage Users: Lists the users with shared access rights. You can use this option to remove users.
Save As Local Collection: Makes a local copy of your cloud saved collection. Useful for testing changes that you don't need to share with the collaborators using the cloud collection. The option is available only for cloud collections.
Duplicate Collection: Makes a local copy of your collection. The option is available only for locally saved collections.
Each requests has options to either Rename or Delete via its context menu (or via keyboard shortcuts).
Rename: Renames the selected request. Keyboard shortcut: __F2_ (Mac), F2 (Windows)._
Delete: Deletes the selected request from the collection. Keyboard shortcut: __CMD + Back_ (Mac), Del (Windows)._
Each saved request can be updated by inputting the modification (for example, in the Headers) and pressing the Save button. If you want to save a new instance of an already saved request, use the Save as drop-down option (available only for already saved requests).