The Requests list in Fiddler Everywhere provides the option to save, modify, execute, and share previously composed requests. When you save a request using the Composer, the request is added to a collection in the Requests list.
This article describes how to organize and modify existing requests. To learn more about building and sending HTTP and HTTPS requests, see the Composer article.
The Requests list is organized in collections. Each collection is a folder on the root level of the Requests list. A collection can contain saved requests and other subfolders. To reload or start working on the saved requests, expand a collection, and double-click a selected request.
The Requests menu contains three buttons situated to the right of the section title:
- Use the button to open a new Composer tab.
- Use the Shared Collections icon to control who has access to the shared collections.
- Use the Create New Collection to create a new collection folder.
The Collection menu contains several options to manage your currently selected requests collection (folder):
- Use the Create New Collection option to create a new collection folder within the selected collection.
- Use the Manage Shared Collection option to list and manage users with access to the collection.
- Use the Share Collection option to open the sharing prompt and provide users with shared access rights.
- Use the Delete option to delete the selected collection completely. This action will also remove the collection for everyone you've shared the collection with.
To share a collection, click the Share icon, then enter the email addresses of the users in the Share Collection window.
- You can share a collection only if you are the collection owner.
- You can share only collection folders on the root level of the Requests list. You cannot share individual sub-folders.
The delete option will remove a selected collection or a specific request from the Requests list.
Follow these steps to delete a collection:
- Click the delete icon of the folder.
- Click Delete in the prompt window to confirm the deletion.
You can also delete a specific sub-folder or a particular request using the delete option for the selected entry.
Each collection has options accessible through a context menu.
|New Folder||Creates a new folder within the selected collection.|
|Rename||Renames the selected collection. Only the owner can rename the collection. Keyboard shortcut: __F2_ (Mac), F2 (Windows)._|
|Delete||Deletes the collection from the Requests list. This will also delete all the requests present in the collection. If the collection is shared, the collection will be removed for everyone. Keyboard shortcut: __CMD + Back_ (Mac), Del (Windows)._|
|Share||Triggers the Share Collection window. Keyboard shortcut: __CMD + Shift + =_ (Mac), Ctrl + Shift + = (Windows)._|
|Manage Users||Lists the users with shared access rights. You can use this option to remove users.|
|Save As Local Collection||Makes a local copy of your cloud saved collection. Useful for testing changes that you don't need to share with the collaborators using the cloud collection. The option is available only for cloud collections.|
|Duplicate Collection||Makes a local copy of your collection. The option is available only for locally saved collections.|
Each requests has options to either Rename or Delete through its context menu (or through keyboard shortcuts).
Rename: Renames the selected request. Keyboard shortcut: __F2_ (Mac), F2 (Windows)._
Delete: Deletes the selected request from the collection. Keyboard shortcut: __CMD + Back_ (Mac), Del (Windows)._
Each saved request can be updated by inputting the modification (for example, in the Headers) and pressing the Save button. If you want to save a new instance of an already saved request, use the Save as drop-down option (available only for already saved requests).