Upgrading on Mac
The purpose of this topic is to explain you how to upgrade Telerik UI for Xamarin to a newer version on Mac.
There are two options for referencing Telerik components and the upgrade method depends on which one you chose. Both are listed below:
Upgrade using the Telerik NuGet server
As a prerequisite, you would need to have Telerik NuGet packages server configured in Visual Studio for Mac as described in the following topic: Telerik NuGet server.
- With the solution open in Visual Studio for Mac, for example go to the Android project and expand Packages folder.
Find Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin package, right-click on it and select Update.
This will update the Telerik UI for Xamarin package to the latest available version.
- Do the same for all other projects in the solution that have references to Telerik UI for Xamarin.
Upgrade manually added assemblies
In order to upgrade your controls to a newer version of the suite, you need to perform the following instructions:
- Download the installation method you prefer (pkg installation or zip file) from you Telerik account, check Download Product Files for more details.
- If the upgrade is major (i.e. from R3 2018 to R1 2019), check the Release History.
- Back up your application.
- Update all the Telerik references in all projects (.Net Standard/Shared, Android, iOS) in Visual Studio for Mac to point to the new assemblies.
- Clean the solution.
- Rebuild the projects.
- Run the application.