RadChat works with a collection of ChatItem objects. The control provides different chat items that you could use, such as the basic TextMessage as well as various pickers (itempicker, datapicker, timepicker) and predefined cards (defined through a cardpicker).
This section covers the specific details of the different chat items RadChat provides:
- Message - the basic message unit in RadChat; apart from the text of the message itself, each TextMessage instance contains information about the Author of the message as well as any additional data;
- Time Break - used to encapsulate messages in a conversation by a certain condition such as read/unread, time intervals or any other you would choose. It is visualizes as a dividing line across the messages board with a text message attached to it.
PickerItem - special ChatItem type which contains RadChatPicker control used for providing a selection to the end user. Depending on the information that is presented and the choice that should be made, the pickers can be one of the types listed below:
- DatePicker – for displaying a Calendar to choose a date;
- TimePicker - for displaying a clock view to choose a time;
- ItemPicker – for presenting a list of suggestions the end user could choose from;
- CardPicker - for presenting a list of cards with structured layout;